Considerations regarding database snapshots:
· Snapshots cannot be created for the model, master, or tempdb databases. (Internally, snapshots can be created to run the online DBCC checks on the master database, but they cannot be explicitly created).
· A snapshot inherits the security constraints of its source database, and because it is read-only, you cannot change the permissions.
· If you drop a user from the source database, the user is still in the snapshot.
· Snapshots cannot be backed up or restored; Snapshot will not affect source database backup.
· Snapshots cannot be attached or detached.
· Full-text indexing is not supported on database snapshots, and full-text catalogs are not propagated from the source database.